WANTED: Financial Controller | Co.Station
WHO ARE WE?
Co.Station is a scale-up accelerator for young and ambitious technology firms looking to effectively transition towards long-term sustainability. These firms bring smart and technical solutions to various industries and already have a minimum viable product or service, and even better: some customers. Co.station offers them state-of-the-art offices, meeting and conference facilities, catering facilities, scale-up assistance and talent development programs. Furthermore, the Co.Station community offers a wide network, both internally and through its corporate shareholders, which is indispensable to young companies.
Co.station has offices in both Brussels & Gent but is looking to expand to more Belgian cities and eventually abroad. For this, the management team is looking for an experienced financial controller, who will report directly to the CEO. The controller will, together with the CEO and the Head of Innovation & Marketing from the executive management team of Co.Station. The management team will execute the strategy, develop a vision for success, follow up on the marketing plan and spearpoint the expansion.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The controller will be responsible for the day-to-day and long term financial planning and follow-up. He/she will, together with the CEO follow-up on the business plan and set the commercial and financial targets for the next year and follow up on any legal aspects of the business. As Co.station is in expansion, the controller will also be responsible for all real-estate related topics: rental contracts, facility services, and so on. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for all administrative matters concerning: third party services, wages and benefits and sponsoring.
We are looking for a F/M with:
- Master degree, preferably in the fields of economics or finance or a Master in Business Administration
- Sound financial skills (+5 years of experience) and knowledge of Belgian financial law
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Experience in real-estate
- Experience in accounting, payroll & tax
- Experienced in corporate law
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship
- Strong networking skills
- A profound interest in technology, innovation and the start- and scale-up scene in Belgium and abroad.
- Proven management skills
- Trilingual (NL/FR/EN)
- All the basic skills we assume everyone should have (time-management, good communicator, fluent public speaker, etc.)
- And last but not least, a strong but flexible personality, capable to collaborate with a diverse international team
WHAT CAN WE OFFER TO YOU?
- An extremely dynamic and diverse job, within a young company with a start-up mentality
- In one of the coolest office spaces in Belgium
- The ability to work from different central Belgian cities (Brussels, Gent and others)
- A competitive reward package
- A great, dynamic and inspiring team
- A vast corporate network through the corporate shareholders
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application in English to Wouter Remaut at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2017.